Sunday 7 November 2010

MotoGP: My favourites :)

So my 1st proper post is gonna be about my favourite riders in MotoGP, Moto2 & 125cc :)
These 2 are my 125 favourites. Marc Marquez is the 2010 125cc Champion and deservedly so - winning over half of the races, getting the most pole postitions and generally being the best even when luck is not on his side (Estoril, Aragon, Le mans) he showed his maturity and talent all through the season. Vamos Marc Campeon!! 

Danny Webb - another great rider, although he doesn't have the best luck, well any good luck really. He always gives 100% and pushed to the max at all times!! He is a clever rider and I hope he signs to a team next year like Andalusia Cajasol who have helped Danny immensely this year, because he is a great rider who puts in all the work and effort but doesn't get the deserved end result.



Scott Redding is my favourite Moto2 rider - I only heard of him after his Record breaking win at Donington Park in 2008 (He is the youngest rider to ever win a Grand Prix - breaking Marco Melandri's 10 year record) - since then I always watched the 125 races - but Scott decided to grow and got to big for the 125s, so p to moto2 he went. My god what a season he had!! A great race at Silverstone - it was there where he really showed people what he was capable of and since then lept improving. Next was the Podium at Indy (3rd place) and the way he dominated the practices was amazing!! but then the tragic accident in Misano (R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa #48). Scott bounced back at the next race and continued the consistency throughout the rest of the season and got on the podium in Phillip Island (2nd) to be fair he should of won but it just goes to show how far he's come from riding in the 125cc bikes!!. Amazing talent that just keeps getting better and better!!

 Dani Pedrosa is my favourite. I love his focus and determination. When he turns up for at the grand prix's from friday morning through to sunday afternoon his focus is firmly set on setting up his bike and the race. I love his riding style - the way he can start from like the 4th row of the grid and win a race. Despite commentators and biased fans saying he can't ovetake...races in Indianapolis and Sachenring this year has proven that Dani can overtake. Dani can overtake and overtake people to win races. Okay he hasn't had the best luck with injuries but he bounces back and pulls off some incredible wins. Dani hasn't had the best of bikes this season but he performs miracles on that Honda and this shows what a natural talent he has! Races involving Pedrosa are always fun - especially as he is normally always first leading into turn 1 (my favourite part of the race lol). Vamos Dani!
My other favourite. Mr nice guy Nicky Hayden. Out of all the time I have watched and loved MotoGP I have never heard any fan, journalists, riders or teams say a bad word about Nicky. Nicky's will and determination to win and do good is such a good quality - like Pedrosa he's not had the luck this season or last season but the Ducati isn't really being kind to him though! He is performing minor miracles on that bike (that hard determination again!) Nicky is a proper racer and watching the races he's in are brilliant and hopefully they get that Ducati working for him. A good rider deserves a bike to match their skill and talent. 2006 World Champion - I wanna see that again!!


So there you have my favourites. 5 very different riders (but in my eyes the best riders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment